Nothing but a dream

| |

I look pretty today. My fringe is the right length, my curls immaculate, and for the first time in my life I'm not under a massive acne attack or a screwed up bad hair day. I look pretty today because I thought I was going to see you.

I would have tied up my hair in half, put on a lace nude spaggethi top paired with a high-waisted black skirt, a black cardigan, my black flats and my favourite tote bag. I would lie down on your lap while you drive me off to gardens (which has my favourite cinema) to watch eclipse that I have been anticipating for. I would stare at flawless Taylor Lautner while I was in your arms, you feeding me that baked potato with cheese majigy that I love so much. It would have been the perfect moment.

I was going to buy you something, anything; because I haven't bought you anything before. I was thinking a tee shirt or a hoodie, maybe you could wear it to class and think of me. Maybe it would keep you from forgetting about me. Maybe if we don't work out, you'll have something to remember me by.

We would have lotsssssss of pictures.

Then you could drive me off to cheer comp at 3, sometime around right now, so that we could have that annual walk we do every year at the same place at the same event. Maybe at 5 you could have driven me home, and I would lie on your lap again and kiss you goodbye before another 2 weeks of not setting my eyes on you again.



But that's all I wished would have happened today. Nothing but a figment of my imagination, nothing but a dream.

Happy anniversary anyhow, b.

No comments:

Post a Comment